Why choose R&D Systems Avi-tag PD-1 protein?
- Guaranteed bioactivity and high purity: bioactivity tested by functional ELISA and purity determined by SDS-PAGE greater than 95%.
- Lot-to-lot consistency: Stringent quality control tests are performed on each lot to ensure consistent activity and purity.
- Bulk Quantities Available – Boost and save with large quantities to meet your research needs. Supply agreements available, partner with us. Please contact us.
- The most respected and cited brand of proteins: With more than 35 years of providing the best recombinant proteins to the scientific community, R&D Systems continues to lead the industry in quality, activity and purity.
Purity: >95%, by SDS-PAGE, visualized with Silver Staining and quantitative densitometry by Coomassie® Blue Staining.
Endotoxin Level: <0.10 EU per 1 μg of protein by the LAL method.
Measured by its binding capacity in a functional ELISA. When 500 ng/mL of biotinylated recombinant human Avi-tag PD-1 His-tag protein is immobilized on a streptavidin-coated plate (catalogue #CP004), it binds to the human PD-L1/B7-H1 Fc chimaera recombinant (catalogue #156-B7) with an ED50 of 1.2-7.2 ng/mL.
Source: Human embryonic kidney cell, human PD-1 protein derived from HEK293
Accession number: Q15116.3
N-terminal Sequence Analysis: Leu25
Structure/Form: Biotinylated via Avi-tag
Predicted molecular mass: 19 kDa
SDS-PAGE: 28-45 kDa, under reducing conditions.
Formulation: Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose.
Reconstitution: Reconstitute at 200 µg/mL in PBS.
The product is shipped at room temperature. Upon receipt, store immediately at the recommended temperature below.
Stability and Storage:
Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70°C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8°C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 3 months, ≤ -20°C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
C-terminal 6xHis-Avi-tagged Recombinant, 6 histidines linked by a nickel or cobalt chelate (HHHHHH), which can be inserted at the C-terminal or N-terminal end of the target protein. They have two uses as tags, one is to form an epitope to facilitate purification and detection, the other is to form a unique structural feature (binding ligand) to facilitate purification. The side chain of histidine residues have a strong attraction to solid nickel and can be used for immobilized metal chelation chromatography (IMAC) to separate and purify recombinant proteins.
- The molecular weight is small, only ~0.84KD, which generally does not affect the function of the target protein.
- His tag fusion protein is also used for research on protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions.
- His tag has relatively low immunogenicity and the purified protein can be directly injected into animals to prepare antibodies for immunization.
- Applies to a variety of expression systems with moderate purification conditions. And it is also used to build double affinity tags with other affinity tags.